Owning a property in South Bank and the City areas of London can prove to be a great investment if you plan on letting. However, there are no guarantees that you’ll get the right letting deal and success often depends on getting good advice and utilising the experience of professionals with real local knowledge.
Letting a property can be very rewarding, but it can also be time consuming and stressful. Professional property management from Hastings International doesn't cost the earth and allows you to enjoy your investment free from day-to-day hassles.
Do I have to use a property management company?
No, the property is yours and you are within your rights to manage it yourself. However, premium properties in places like Bankside and Waterloo require high maintenance and Hastings International recommends that you do consider the use of our services. Property management can take up a considerable amount of your time and in our experience putting a professional between yourself and the tenant can be very worthwhile.
What does the property management service provide?
Hastings International will provide the following services:
Invoicing and collecting the rent on your behalf, forwarding of the rent to your bank. Preparation and submission of regular statements of income and expenditure.
Dealing with all matters arising in connection with the property during the tenancy such as:
- Handling of related matters for overseas landlords.
- Supervising and obtaining competitive quotations for all major works.
- Over seeing minor and emergency repairs.
- Payment of utility bills during vacant periods.
- Compliance with statuary regulations (ie. gas safety checks.)
- Provide competitive quotations for contents insurance.
- Administer all payments on behalf of landlords (ie service contract and ground rents) check accuracy and deal with any queries.
- Dealing with insurance claims.
- Engaging trusted and approved contractors.
- Appropriate handling of tenant queries.
- Handling of inventories and dilapidation at the end of tenancy.
- Dealing with arrears or breaches of the tenancy agreement.
- Periodic inspection of property and reporting to you.
- In addition to the practical and administrative advantages of a managed property, full property management ensures the smooth running of the tenancy and increases the likelihood of renewal at the end of the period. This helps prevent void periods, which no landlord likes.
Managing agent services
Hastings International enables freeholder, management companies and residents associates to fulfil their complex management responsibilities by offering appropriate and effective service which includes:
Guidance on block management procedure to comply with relevant company and property law. Preparation of specifications, appointments and supervision of contracts for regular cleaning and maintenance.
- Periodic redecoration and interim repairs.
- Administration and collection of service charges and ground rent.
- Book keeping services with assistance given in the preparation of annual audit accounts and estimation of annual expenditure.
- Maintenance of building insurance cover and negotiation of any claim.
- Handling solicitors enquires upon sales of individual flats.
- Attending regular meetings with residents representatives and lending administrative support.
- Periodic inspection of the building.
To find out more about property management services please contact our property management team.
Tel: 020 7378 1066
Fax: 020 7407 4000