Are you looking for a place to rent in London? If so, we’d recommend exploring the Docklands area. It’s one of the capital’s most notable upcoming areas and tenants are flocking to it in their droves, thanks to its proximity to Central London and the plentiful local amenities.
If you’re considering Docklands, here are seven reasons to convince you that it’s the perfect location to rent a home in.
Seven Reasons to Rent in Docklands
- Cosmopolitan ambiance. In recent years, Docklands has been transformed into a chic, urban location; with numerous bars, restaurants, clubs and cafes to choose from. The marinas are a great place to go if you fancy an evening meal overlooking the river, and there are also some great local shopping centres if you don’t want to travel to far from home for some retail therapy.
- Docklands Light Railway (DLR). Residents in Docklands are well connected, thanks to the DLR. It links passengers with the City of London and London City Airport, which is useful for commuters and travellers alike. Alternatively, trains on the Jubilee line take you to the West End in just over quarter of an hour, and there’s also the river bus for when you want to nip over to the other side of the Thames.
- Stylish properties. There are some great rental properties on the market in this area, especially if modern architecture is more your style. There are several new-build and modern build rental apartments to choose from throughout the Docklands, which also makes it a great location for first-time buyers.
- Competitive rental rates. London rental prices can get expensive, particularly if you want to live in the heart of the city. However, at the time of writing, average Docklands rental rates are pleasingly affordable – and currently considerably lower than the London average.
- Close to the river. Riverside locations are becoming increasingly sought-after in the capital, and in Docklands, you’ve got beautiful views of the Thames, especially if you bag a rental property right by the river.
- Plenty to do. Live in Docklands and you’re spoilt for choice when it comes to things to do. The Museum of London Docklands is a fascinating exploration into the area’s history and is only a short walk away. Likewise, the O2 arena is within easy reach, with its range of performances and gigs throughout the year. If you prefer your activities to be outdoors, the Docklands Sailing and Watersports Centre offers the chance to have fun on the river.
- Access to greenery. There are plenty of pleasant green spaces to relax in throughout Docklands. Mudchute Park and City Farm is a firm favourite with residents of all ages, and Greenwich Park isn’t too far away either.