Shad Thames has a huge amount going for it – the perfect central location, plenty of great properties to choose from, plus numerous things to see and do, right on your doorstep.
As such, it’s fast becoming a popular place to call home, with people of all ages. If you’re interested in property in Shad Thames, here are just eight reasons why you’d be wise to move there as soon as possible.
Why Move to Shad Thames?
- You’ve got all corners of the capital within easy reach. Shad Thames enjoys one of the best central locations in London, and as a result, it’s simple to get around. If you don’t fancy the short stroll to the capital’s main attractions, you can simply take a train from any of the local Underground stations (such as London Bridge, Bermondsey or Cannon Street), which gets you where you need to be in a matter of minutes.
- You’ll get a property with personality. Thanks to its historic past, Shad Thames boasts some of the most characterful properties in the city; most notably converted Victorian warehouses. These iconic buildings come complete with exposed brickwork, huge internal dimensions, and often industrial beams too.
- It has a unique atmosphere. The old wharfs have become steadily more desirable over the years, thanks to their rich history. Shad Thames, with its cobbled streets and iron girders criss-crossing overhead, offers something special to residents, which is hard to resist.
- It’s got the riverside location. Few activities are as pleasant as taking a stroll along the River Thames, and with Shad Thames, you’ve got a riverside walk just a few minutes away. It’s also easy to catch a river boat to Greenwich or Canary Wharf, which is useful if you work there.
- There are plenty of good schools. Although the area is most commonly associated with young professionals and older couples, it also has appeal for families, largely because of the good schools in the area. There are several primary schools within easy reach, and four excellent secondary schools, such as St Michael’s Catholic School and Harris Academy Bermondsey.
- You’ll always find something to do. In addition to the capital’s main attractions just a short walk away, Shad Thames is also close to many other great attractions, including The Globe Theatre, The Tate Modern, HMS Belfast and many other places.
- There are lots of places to eat and drink. You’re spoilt for choice when it comes to enjoying a night out in this area. Aqua Shard at the Shard offers a fabulous dining experience with views across the capital, and neighbouring St Katharine’s Docks has plenty of highly regarded restaurants and bars. Whatever cuisine you’re into, it’s likely you’ll find it in and around Shad Thames.
- There’s good buy-to-let potential. If you’re looking for a property to rent out in the future, then Shad Thames is an excellent option. The area is highly desired by tenants (thanks to its central location), and as such, rental rates are high. This means a solid rental income, until you’re ready to move into the property yourself.